Reasons to Consider a Renewed Mind
- Your life is not how you expected it to be
- You feel trapped
- Continually chasing perfectionism
- Thought patterns are erratic, unpleasant, and destructive
- Stress and frustration are part of your life
What preempts change?
What is a Changed or Renewed Mind?
Causes of Toxic Belief Patterns
The impact of words
How to Renew your mind
Helpful Strategies to Renew the Mind
- Understand why we need to take our thoughts captive and renew our minds
- Always begin with prayer and surrender your thoughts captive to the Lord.
- Find the source. Where did it go wrong?
- Examine the mindsets and beliefs you have adopted
- Ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct you to seek the truth.
- Recondition your mind with scriptural truth and Biblical perspectives
- Replace the old irrational thoughts with positive ones
- It may take time to feel complete release. Whenever you feel yourself slipping into old beliefs, pray into them, and stop the thought from taking up residence in your mind again
Benefits of a Renewed Mind
- Living a transformed life
- We hear God more clearly and we grow closer to Him
- Pursue more of the right things and less of the meaningless
- We establish who we really are and begin to live life authentically
Why God’s way is the only way
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” ~ Philippians 4:8