Living in obedience to God requires a change of mindset
God’s word may be general or specific
God gives us commands in the Bible which are applicable to every one of us. At other times He can speak very specifically into an individuals life. Both commands must be obeyed.
Timing is crucial
When God tells us to do something, He means start now, as soon as is humanly possible. Not when it suits you. Delay is disobedience and has consequences too. Thinking that you will obey at a later stage is still delay, you can’t compromise because God gives us a command at a certain time for a reason.
Obedience requires faith and trust in God. Often it is our own fear and unbelief that leads to procrastination as we spoke about on What does it mean to fear God. Giving up too soon also shows unbelief and a lack of faith in God. Sometimes it takes time to carry out God’s command, but be patient, God may be using this timing as a test of your faith. Carry it out until completion.
Be mindful of your attitude
Listen for God’s voice
Blessings as a result of obedience
- There is a strong correlation between obedience and being close to God.
- Obedience leads to God’s glory and this pleases Him.
- It brings peace.
- Can lead to miracles as in the widow with the handful of flour and jug of oil in 1 Kings:17.
Consequences of disobedience
Obedience in all areas
Read the whole of Deuteronomy chapter 8 and 28 in the Bible. Both speak of the blessings of obedience and consequences of disobedience.
If you need prayer, somebody to chat to or advice, you are welcome to:
- Email me directly email@example.com
- Send me a private message on Facebook
- Post your request in the comments section below
Leave a Reply